Technically Superior Polarized Performance & Lifestyle Eyewear
Trivia: Kaenon ( pronounced "Kay-nun" ) is a Polynesian word that means "free" or "free-spirit"
Kaenon SR91 Polarized Lens Technology:
A polarized lens developed and patented by Kaenon and is only found in Kaenon sunwear.
- Abbe value of 40 (Polycarbonate 30)
- less chromatic abberation than polycarbonate means sharper peripheral vision for Ultimate Clarity
- razor sharp visual field
- Lightweight: SR91 Specific Gravity= 1.13 ( Polycarbonate=1.20 / CR-39= 1.32 / Glass=2.54 )
- Impact Resistant (see Morgan/Bode Miller tweet)
- UV Protection - 100% UVA & UVB Protection
- Polarized Film to Eliminate Glare
- Lens unit encapsulated with "Guardcoat" technology to eliminate de-lamination
- SR91 More durable, not as soft as Polycarbonate
- SRC protection front and back to further protect the lens from scratching
- AR-coating on the back side for added visual comfort
- Hydrophobic Coating front and back
- helps to shed water and snow from the lens
Kaenon Frame Design:
The majority of frames in the collection are designed by Harald Belker, a highly respected concept designer. His works include vehicles such as the Batmobile. For his portfolio of consumer products go to www.haraldbelker.com
Kaenon 'Metal' frames are Made In Italy using a special hypo-allergenic alloy.
All Non-Metallic frames in the Kaenon Collection are Made In Italy using TR90 material and can have prescription single vision or progressive lenses put in as an option, using the latest digital surfacing & finishing technology.
- A special lightweight thermoplastic material --"plastic titanium"
- extremely comfortable to wear for extended periods
- Very flexible and Impact resistant (see Morgan/Bode Miller tweet)
- Durable and long lasting colours "will feel and look like it did when you first bought it"
- A "memory" plastic that retains it shape even in extreme temperatures.
Frames have a hydrophillic 'Variflex' rubber insert embedded into Nose bridge and Temple tips (Kore models) for slip free security during intense activity. Stainless Steel Hinge components are used to prevent corrosion.
Kaenon Premium Polarized Eyewear are for those who want the best in terms of price, value, uncompromising performance and are able to distinguish between what is real and what is 'hype'.